Sunday, May 22, 2011

VACUUM!

After reading this (http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2009/aug/13/first-person-diabetes-bulimia) hearing different comments I'm extremely frustrated. 

I know that somewhere, there is probably a place, a treatment center for type one diabetics and eating disorders, but I can't find one when I search it. After reading this article, I am blown away. This girl is amazing. Also, 1 in 3 girls with type one have eating issues! Talk about a NEED. This needs to be addressed upon diagnosis. I am so passionate about this because I have experienced it. 

My treatment was more eating focused and therapy focused. Diabetes was not left out as I was seeing an endocrinologist and diabetes educator weekly, but what I needed at the time was someone who could do everything. Someone who understood what it was like to be diabetic and have these intense issues with food. Let's face it, it comes with the diagnosis. 

Personal life goal? I know mine. It is so clear, especially now. More to come on this later. 

If anyone reading this knows of a place that specializes is both, please contact me. 

Off to research the day away!

Amazing words by Mumford and Sons ...


"And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair."

So true! What is your hill? 

No comments:

Post a Comment