Thursday, May 19, 2011

the final testament of the Holy Bible

Ok, I feel like I need to preface this post by saying. I am a questioner at heart. I question and challenge everything. I always have. How do you know anything without asking questions? I was born wide-eyed and curious, I still live everyday like that today. Looking at life through the lens of gratefulness and beauty makes life a lot better. 

I have been reading a TON about life. I have been studying the vagus nerve and trying to figure out why some people live by emotions, some people live with their minds, and some suppress it all and live how someone told them they should live, or by some church mandated ideals/rules. Conclusions: No, of course not, but I do feel like I am learning to navigate relationships and friendships more! 

With all that said, I am a Christian, and I live with Christian ideals. Although, I am open to any discussion about any religion or idea. Some of my friends are Christian, most are not. I don't judge. Who made me God? (ha sorry had to)


There is a new book that is out as of this week called "The Final Testament of the Holy Bible" by James Frey. Now, James Frey is one of my favorite authors of all time. Yeah, sounds crazy. He was the one that "embellished" in his world famous book, "A Million Little Pieces." None-the-less, he is a great writer and "A Million Little Pieces" was the first book I read that really shook me. It was raw and gritty. It made me question things and think about life in a way I hadn't yet, and what more do you want from a book? He challenges people, pushes buttons, and it ultimately, a great writer who does what he wants. No filter. I met him actually when I was living in London a couple of years ago. He was at his book signing in jeans and a T-shirt, looking a little disheveled, and he was great to talk to. My friend Nicole and I were the last ones in line, so we got to have a conversation with him. He was very real, just like he is in his books. 


Now, his new book is totally insane. I bought it for $50! Yes, 50 bucks! And I haven't been able to put it down. It talks about the Messiah as if he were living in New York in our current day. It's a great book, but I won't give to much away. I will be posting quotes from the book to see what you think about it! Very interesting! Here is a video of James talking about it:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ziwpp9QmYGU

I have to pre-face this last controversial video saying that I DO NOT believe what he says in this. But it is a good example of the controversy he portrays. Seeing the Bible as a book of lessons is interesting though. I am not sure how I feel about this yet. 


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEWL8GjPQho


Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. Megan, just read your guest post on Sixuntilme. First, let me congratulate you for your trumiphs.Kerri's blog is great but I also offer you daily support on my online newspaper dedicated to Diabetes related info. Good luck to you.

    http://paper.li/friedrich5/diabetes-11#

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I will check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete