Saturday, May 21, 2011

Words of comfort for everyone struggling

After receiving many emails, I decided there is such a need for words of hope! As my mom used to tell me when I was in the depths of my illness, or depression, or even on a bad day, "hold on." Tomorrow is a new day. 


Even if you are not God-fearing, these quotes with inspire. Take them for what they are:


"But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." - Isaiah 40:31


“Enlightenment does not ask you to be perfect; it simply asks you to find perfection right where you stand.” Alan Cohen


“The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, worry about the future, or anticipate troubles but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly.” Buddha



Music video/song I love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXSkd8apbWM

2 comments:

  1. Dear Megan,
    thank you so much for these words of inspiration!! I have been struggling with my diabetes a lot for last few months. I usually get out of the depression after some time and get a better control, but this time it's taking too long... I know God is helping me, but sometimes everything just gets too overwhelming...
    Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally know exactly what you are feeling! It's really wearing to manage a disease like diabetes, but stay strong! Sometimes what I do if I am really feeling overwhelmed by everything is go outside and walk in a pretty place or listen to really relaxing music. Or even cook a good meal or read an inspirational book. My favorite is "cold tangerines" by Shawna Niequist! Incredibly inspiring! Good luck and keep in touch! Have a great weekend!
    - Megan

    ReplyDelete